Freedom Prep Academy is home to where amazing things are discovered, nurtured and expressed. Anything is possible at Freedom Prep. At Freedom Prep, we teach some of the most knowledgeable, creative, determined and energetic students. If you would like to be part of the Freedom Prep family as a student, supporter or staff member, check out some of our fast facts.
About Freedom Preparatory Academy Charter Schools
- Founded in 2009
- More than 1,600 students (Grades PreK – 12) for 2017-2018 school year
- Student Diversity: 89% – African American, 10% – Latino, 1% – Caucasian/Other
- Faculty and Staff: 200
- School colors: orange & navy blue
- School Mission: Freedom Preparatory Academy Charter Schools prepares all students in grades K-12 to excel in college and in life.
- School Vision: All students at Freedom Preparatory Academy will have the same competitive advantage as the most privileged children in America.
- Affiliation: Freedom Prep is a member of the Excellent Schools Network (ESN), a select group of schools that have demonstrated strong academic results, sound organizational practices, and the genuine ability to close the achievement gap in their communities. Because of their outstanding academic and organizational performance, these schools have been chosen for further investment and support from Building Excellent Schools.
Freedom Prep Values
The students, parents and staff of Freedom Preparatory Academy shall uphold the following values.
- Respect. At Freedom Preparatory Academy we show respect to others, our teammates, and our community. We are considerate of other’s feelings.
- Responsibility. At Freedom Preparatory Academy we take responsibility for our work and our actions. We persevere and use self-control.
- Excellence. Freedom Prep has clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct that make no excuses based on the background of students. Students, parents, teachers, and staff create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support, through a range of formal and informal rewards and consequences for academic performance and behavior.
- Integrity. At Freedom Preparatory Academy, we stand up for what we believe in. We also do not lie, cheat, or steal.
- Community. At Freedom Preparatory Academy, we strive to develop and sustain a strong and connected community. Our community includes our students, parents, and faculty/staff. We also recognize our role in our respective communities and how we can address injustices or wrongs.
Elementary School students follow a specially designed program that focuses on early reading and helps build a strong foundation for academic achievement and self-confidence.
Middle School students focus on character development and building strong study habits while undertaking a rigorous pre-college academic program.
High School students pursue a challenging program that prepares them for success in college and beyond. The curriculum includes several Advanced Placement and Honors courses.
Arts & Enrichment
Freedom Prep’s arts and enrichment programs are an essential part of the entire curriculum, whether through African drumming, theater, visual arts or various other programs. These opportunities help build character and perspective in ways that cannot always be achieved within traditional classroom settings.
We realize that playing sports teaches students skills that help build strong character, like team-building, self-confidence, dealing with achievement and disappointment. Our sports program is rapidly growing and is already producing winners outside of the classroom. Our Boys Ruby team is ranked among the top teams in the state! Our high school basketball team is now part of TSSAA. We are thrilled to welcome a football program to FPA for the 2017-2018 school year!
What FPA means to me as a student
What FPA means to me as a teacher
What FPA means to me as a parent